Home » Bible » Survey 7 Questions
presents Moody Survey of the Scriptures
and Moody Bible Institute
(Select the best answer for each question)
1. How many years went by between the Old and New Testaments?
a) 200 years.
b) 400 years.
2. Which military power first ruled Palestine during this period?
3. The main legacy of Alexander the Great here was that Greek influence continued for several centuries.
4. The Maccabean revolt was primarily a reaction to Egyptian oppression.
5. The three main currents in the stream of history between the Testaments were
a) Jewish culture, Greek religion and Egyptian scholarship.
b) Persian language, Roman imperial religion and Syrian oppression.
c) Jewish religion, Greek culture and Roman political power.
6. The Sadducees controlled the religious life of the Jews and the Pharisees were very interested in politics and their connections to political rulers.
7. Which language became the primary instrument for the spread of the gospel?
8. Poor communication networks and travel restrictions in the Roman Empire made the spread of the gospel difficult.
9. Did the Jewish, Greek and Roman influences of the inter-testamental period prepare the way for the coming of Christ or create difficulties for God’s timetable?
a) They prepared the way.
b) They created difficulties.
10. Studying what happened during these 400 ‘silent’ years does not really help us understand the New Testament better.
We would be interested to hear what you found most helpful in this lesson: (optional)
When you are finished click on the "submit" button below. If you wish to change some of your answers go back and change them now, or click on "reset" to erase all of your responses.
Home | Youth World | Kids World | Advanced | Bible Exploration | Français | Español | About Us | Contact Us
Copyright © 1998-2018 UB David & I'll B Jonathan, Inc. Mailbox Club lessons © The Mailbox Club International; used by permission with adaptation for the Internet. All rights reserved.