Home » Bible Exploration » Characters 4 » Questions 2
Used with permission: Character by Character compiled by Selwyn Hughes and Trevor Partridge. Copyright © CWR (www.cwr.org.uk).
(Select the best answer for each question)
1. Why did the apostles appoint seven deacons, including Philip?
a) They wanted to give these men more leadership experience.
b) The administrative tasks in the growing Church were increasing greatly.
2. What was the basic qualification for being a deacon in the early Church?
a) Being full of wisdom and of the Holy Spirit.
b) Being recognized by Church members as being a prominent man.
3. What led to Christians being scattered into different regions away from Jerusalem?
a) There were more opportunities for them to establish churches there.
b) Persecution broke out against the Christians in Jerusalem.
4. Where did Philip go to preach?
5. How had Simon Magus built up a great reputation?
a) By his powerful preaching.
b) By his practice of magical arts.
6. Why did Simon offer money to Peter and John?
a) To help the persecuted Christians in Jerusalem.
b) To obtain the power to lay hands on believers so that they received the Holy Spirit.
7. Who did Philip meet along the Gaza road?
a) An Ethiopian eunuch.
b) Candace, the queen of Ethiopia.
8. Which Bible book was this person reading when they met?
9. Where did Philip and his daughters live?
10. What spiritual gift had Philip’s daughters received?
We would be pleased to hear from you. Please use this space for any questions or comments you may have: (optional)
When you are finished click on the "submit" button below. If you wish to change some of your answers go back and change them now, or click on "reset" to erase all of your responses.
Home | Youth World | Kids World | Advanced | Bible Exploration | Français | Español | About Us | Contact Us
Copyright © 1998-2017 UB David & I'll B Jonathan, Inc. Mailbox Club lessons © The Mailbox Club International; used by permission with adaptation for the Internet. All rights reserved.