Home » Bible Exploration » Characters 3 » Questions 9
Used with permission: Character by Character compiled by Selwyn Hughes and Trevor Partridge. Copyright © CWR (www.cwr.org.uk).
(Select the best answer for each question)
1. Where did Martha and Mary live?
2. Who was their brother?
3. Bethany was the first stopping place for travellers on the road from Jerusalem to Jericho.
4. Martha and Mary had very similar temperaments.
5. In today’s terminology, Martha would probably be considered to be
a) a workaholic.
b) an intellectual.
c) a philosopher.
6. What was Mary doing while Martha prepared the meal?
a) She was busy cleaning the house.
b) She was sitting and listening to Jesus.
c) She was looking after Lazarus.
7. Jesus complied with Martha’s request to get Mary to help her prepare the meal.
8. When Jesus received the message about Lazarus’ serious illness, why didn’t He go to his aid right away?
a) He wanted to bring the greatest glory to God in this situation.
b) He was busy teaching and preaching.
9. How much of the perfume did Mary pour over the feet of Jesus?
a) Some of it.
b) All of it.
10. Martha was the more devotional of the two sisters; Mary was the practical one.
We would be pleased to hear from you. Please use this space for any questions or comments you may have: (optional)
When you are finished click on the "submit" button below. If you wish to change some of your answers go back and change them now, or click on "reset" to erase all of your responses.
Home | Youth World | Kids World | Advanced | Bible Exploration | Français | Español | About Us | Contact Us
Copyright © 1998-2017 UB David & I'll B Jonathan, Inc. Mailbox Club lessons © The Mailbox Club International; used by permission with adaptation for the Internet. All rights reserved.