Designated Mentor Program: Paper Plus
Individuals with a concern for their Sunday School class, youth club or other group may want to get their students doing these online lessons but they don't have individual computer/Internet access. Numerous people in this situation have approached us with a desire to combine paper lessons with our online D&J program. Their students would get the lesson content in paper format, turn their quiz answer sheet into the adult leader (Designated Mentor) who would then register each student individually using our online Registration Page and record each of their quiz answers online as if the student was doing it. As lesson points are accumulated by each student, the teacher/leader would print off their award certificates and distribute them accordingly.
Getting Paper Lessons
In the U.S.A.: Those living in the USA would need to go to the Mailbox Club website, find the course they wish to use, and print off the first lesson for each of their students. They would receive subsequent paper lessons directly from the Mailbox Club within the system set up by the Mailbox Club.
Outside the U.S.A.: Those living in countries other than the USA could receive paper lessons in PDF format via email from D&J and print them off themselves locally.
Here's how it works:
- The adult applicant would complete the Designated Mentor Agreement form and send it to the D&J president.
- The president would approve their agreement and get them set up as a Designated Mentor (DM) in the D&J systems.
- The Designated Mentor would then specify the course(s) they want and D&J would send them the relevant PDF lessons via email.
- The DM would print the PDF lessons and distribute them to his/her students. They would then use the lessons in whatever way is best for their group—eg. individual study, or group interaction.
- If the students have access to an online computer they could register themselves online using the relevant "Jonathan Name", and complete the online Question Page for their lessons.
- If the students do not have access to an online computer, they would complete the quizzes on the paper lessons and return these to the DM. The DM would then complete online registrations individually for each of their students, including the "Jonathan Name" field. And the DR would transfer the students’ quiz answers to the online Question Pages using each student’s log-in.
- When the students reach award levels, the DM would print out these award certificates and pass them along to the students.
- The DM could follow the progress of their students online, if they wish, by logging into the UBDavid "Jonathan" system where they would see their students listed and the progress they are making.