Home » Bible Exploration » Characters 3 » Questions 7
Used with permission: Character by Character compiled by Selwyn Hughes and Trevor Partridge. Copyright © CWR (www.cwr.org.uk).
(Select the best answer for each question)
1. According to the angel’s announcement to Zechariah, what would be the mission of John?
a) To heal the sick.
b) To prepare Israel for the coming of the Messiah.
c) To raise the dead.
2. What was Gabriel’s promise to Zechariah?
a) That John would be filled with the Holy Spirit from his birth.
b) That he and Elizabeth would have many children.
3. John the Baptist lived in
c) the desert.
4. How did John expect people to show evidence for their repentance?
a) By being baptized in the Jordan River.
b) By confessing their sins to the priest at the Temple.
5. What has been defined as “a manifestation of the living Word, by the written Word and through the spoken word”?
6. What did John declare as being his main task?
a) To call attention to the One who is to come.
b) To baptize repentant people.
7. Why did John denounce Herod?
a) For murdering innocent people.
b) For pride and arrogance.
c) For marrying his brother’s wife.
8. When Jesus’ ministry began to flourish, John became jealous of Him.
9. When John was in prison he began to doubt that Jesus was the Messiah.
10. What is the main lesson we learn from the life of John the Baptist?
We would be pleased to hear from you. Please use this space for any questions or comments you may have: (optional)
When you are finished click on the "submit" button below. If you wish to change some of your answers go back and change them now, or click on "reset" to erase all of your responses.
Home | Youth World | Kids World | Advanced | Bible Exploration | Français | Español | About Us | Contact Us
Copyright © 1998-2018 UB David & I'll B Jonathan, Inc. Mailbox Club lessons © The Mailbox Club International; used by permission with adaptation for the Internet. All rights reserved.