Home » Bible Exploration » Characters 2 » Questions 4
Used with permission: Character by Character compiled by Selwyn Hughes and Trevor Partridge. Copyright © CWR (www.cwr.org.uk).
(Select the best answer for each question)
1. With which king did Elijah have multiple confrontations?
2. Why did God send a great drought over Israel?
a) Because they were worshipping false gods.
b) Because they had turned away from the one true God.
c) Both of the above.
3. Which experience developed within Elijah a deep sense of dependency on God?
a) God’s care for him at the brook Cherith.
b) God’s provision for the widow at Zarephath.
4. It is more blessed to receive than to give.
5. Where did the contest between Elijah and the prophets of Baal take place?
a) Mount Hermon.
b) Mount Zion.
c) Mount Carmel.
6. When God answered Elijah’s prayer with fire from heaven, what did the people do?
a) They chased away the prophets of Baal.
b) They chased Elijah into the wilderness.
c) They acknowledged that the Lord is God.
7. Whose death threat sent Elijah running into the wilderness?
a) The people of Israel.
b) Queen Jezebel.
c) King Ahab.
8. How did Elisha break with his past in order to follow Elijah?
a) He used his oxen and yokes to make a farewell feast for his family.
b) He left his cloak and mantle at home.
9. What was the condition for Elisha to receive his request of Elijah?
a) If he looked after Elijah with faithful service.
b) If he saw Elijah go up into heaven.
10. No matter how frail and insignificant we may feel, whenever we place ourselves in God’s hands we accomplish far more than we can ever realise.
We would be happy to hear from you. Please use this space for any questions or comments you may have: (optional)
When you are finished click on the "submit" button below. If you wish to change some of your answers go back and change them now, or click on "reset" to erase all of your responses.
Home | Youth World | Kids World | Advanced | Bible Exploration | Français | Español | About Us | Contact Us
Copyright © 1998-2017 UB David & I'll B Jonathan, Inc. Mailbox Club lessons © The Mailbox Club International; used by permission with adaptation for the Internet. All rights reserved.