Home » Bible Exploration » Characters 2 » Questions 2
Used with permission: Character by Character compiled by Selwyn Hughes and Trevor Partridge. Copyright © CWR (www.cwr.org.uk).
(Select the best answer for each question)
1. Jonathan had every right to expect that he would be Israel’s next king.
2. Jonathan and his armour bearer had victory over an outpost of which enemy?
3. What order did Jonathan disobey?
a) David’s order to go into hiding.
b) Saul’s order against eating any food on the day of battle.
4. When did Jonathan and David meet?
a) Shortly after David killed Goliath.
b) Soon after David fled from Saul’s court when Saul threw a spear at him.
5. What did Jonathan do as a public mark of honour and respect for David?
a) He proposed a toast to David at an annual feast.
b) He followed David into hiding.
c) He gave his robe, military dress and weapons to David.
6. Was Jonathan able to maintain his loyalty and love for both his father and David?
7. Jonathan’s intercession with his father enabled David to return to court permanently.
8. Who did Saul throw a spear at besides David?
9. Saul’s jealousy and antagonism forced David to do what?
a) To become an outlaw.
b) To try and kill Saul.
10. The Scripture has nothing negative to say about Jonathan.
We would be happy to hear from you. Please use this space for any questions or comments you may have: (optional)
When you are finished click on the "submit" button below. If you wish to change some of your answers go back and change them now, or click on "reset" to erase all of your responses.
Home | Youth World | Kids World | Advanced | Bible Exploration | Français | Español | About Us | Contact Us
Copyright © 1998-2017 UB David & I'll B Jonathan, Inc. Mailbox Club lessons © The Mailbox Club International; used by permission with adaptation for the Internet. All rights reserved.